Price: From $1,799 (estimate only).
Facial rejuvenation techniques lie on a spectrum and can be broadly divided into non-surgical and surgical modalities. From least invasive to most, they include:
- Superficial skin treatments – chemical peels, laser resurfacing, micro needling
- Anti-wrinkle injections
- Hyaluronic acid dermal filler injections
- Thread lifting
- Fat grafting
- Face lift surgery (SMAS, MACS, deep plane techniques)
They are also a valid option for patients who simply do not want to undergo surgery, with the understanding that the magnitude of effect will not be as great.
The advantages of surgical thread lifting are numerous:
- In rooms procedure, no hospitalisation required.
- Immediate results.
- Minimal/no scarring (needle entry point only).
- Minimal down time compared to surgery.
- All done under local anaesthetic only.
- Helps tighten sagging skin, especially in the brows, cheeks,jowls and neck. This will soften deep nasolabial and marionette folds.
- Restores volume of the face, especially in the mid cheeks.
- Stimulates production of collagen to help improve skin appearance and texture.
Thread lifts are generally safe, but as with all procedures, there are still risks. These include:
- Granuloma formation
- Countour irregularities
- Transient skin dimpling
- Modest / minimal effect which can sometimes be difficult to predict preoperatively
Information and treatment provided by Dr Miguel Cabalag (0001674519) Registered Medical Practitioner, Specialist Plastic Surgeon (speciality registration in surgery – plastic surgery)